Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Friday 1 October 2010

Laura Ashley on acid

Am I the only female in the south-east of England who cannot stand Cath Kidston? Truly?

I just don't get it.

It's twee, indulgent, soppy, wet, slushy, nauseatingly smug and just too simperingly girly for words. It's formulaic, unimaginative, derivative and girls you're being played for fools. Get some edge about you and have some individuality.

It's Laura Ashley on acid. And I hated that too, but I didn't have an outlet to rant on.

Do me a favour all you fans, dress yourselves from head to toe in CK, including the obligatory apron and wellies of course, take hold of the hands of your over-indulged, spoilt little fashion appendages (that's the offspring by the way) step into your CK wallpapered and accessorised kitchen and, bingo, with a bit of luck disappear from my view forever.

4 comments:

  1. You may be horrified by what I'm about to say so brace yourself. Here goes...

    I own a few Cath Kidston items! There I've said it and I'm proud. The hand cream is beautiful and I like some of their 1940/50s style dresses. However, I do believe that the brand exists for those who have little imagination when it comes to vintage clothing and furniture. There have also been occasions when I have walked into the shop and obsessive, psycho house wife has come to mind!

    But if you know what you're doing and you team their clothes up with other brands and vintage pieces, Cath Kidston clothing works.

    Unfortunately the majority of their customers are middle-class yummy mummies who haven't got a clue and are dressed head to toe, accessories included in the brand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd rather be dressed head to toe in CK than burberry! Someone I know had a friend whose entire wedding list was CK - someone get me a divorce lawyer quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. each to their own.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. As if not being asked to imagine myself wearing a tight fitting tee shirt with hot pants that just about cover your bottom, a pair or ankle socks and plimsolls, I've now got to dress myself from head to toe in CK, including the obligatory apron and wellies of course, take hold of the hands of my over-indulged, spoilt little fashion appendages (that's the offspring by the way) step into my CK wallpapered and accessorised kitchen. I'm committed to being creative, but this is just much to ask?
    On a serious note, I agree with you Jo, it's a meaningless fad that's been done so many times (remember Liberty's?), at exorbitant prices. They must see us coming. Or not in my case.

    ReplyDelete