Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Thursday 14 October 2010

A pack of lies

I haven't felt the need to offload my frustrations on this blog until now! I'm going to make this quick otherwise my blood will boil and I'll work myself up into a frenzy, which will result in giving my Creative Director palpitations. Bless him!

Ready? Products that don't work.

GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. False promises and big claims lead to disappointment, and me, going out with a very large spot on my face, so big it has its own personality! There are so many spot treatments on the shelves that promise to rapidly reduce swelling which is a blatant lie. Read the oxy promise on its packaging. It clearly states 'vanishing' which in my opinion is misleading. But we still buy these products. Why? Can someone please enlighten me?



4 comments:

  1. Because when faced with a spot that simply won’t go or cover up without looking like a second head we will buy and try anything and everything!
    We are all lead to believe that the latest and more expensive product on the market WILL remove spots leaving us with skin as youthful and pimple free as a school child.
    I'd say the only similarities to that are the temper tantrums had when the product doesn't work!
    Stick to toothpaste or TCP - cheaper and they work. Yes both will leave a lingering smell that will drive your partner wild in bed (not always in a good way) but at least one has a double use and solves the problem of morning breath :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, or products that do the opposite. I borrowed some of my husband's face wash in the shower the other day - it said it helped get rid of spots (and I didn't actually have any, I had just run out of my own). Anyway lo and behold - I get a spot the next day - what's that about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My tennis partner had an operation to eradicate his tennis elbow at the K&S last year and they did the wrong arm.

    ReplyDelete