Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Thursday 21 October 2010

So bad it's good ?!?

Had it not been for the fact that a friend works on the show I would probably never have tuned in to the launch of The Only Way Is Essex (who am I trying to kid, of course I would!)

After putting in the initial hour I already feel like it's got me for the long haul. But at the end of each episode I am left with the same thought - is this just insultingly BAD or is it so bad it's good. It's certainly got people talking! Even their catchphrases (Shu'uup!) are finding their way in to everyday conversation.

So yes, everyone is talking about it and no, not much of that talk is positive but don't they say no publicity is bad publicity? Was that the idea perhaps- to make something so bad you can be sure it will be talked about? Who knows, but I for one will be tuning in to see what those glittery, orange wonders get up to next!




And for those who, like me, are already hooked - my man on the inside tells me episode 5 is a cracker!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Ele - I was exposed to the orange tinted delights of this show this weekend as my husb has Skyplussed it for me (I think a blog pondering my motivations for my seeming neverending persuit of lowbrow TV is in order!). So bad it's good right!

    ReplyDelete