Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Sunday 10 October 2010

When Ads ring true.

It is rare that I see an ad that rings true. When I first saw the Foster ad ‘Good Call’ I laughed out load. A short while later I realised how true it is. I was at a party one weekend which was fueled with good spirits and nice fluorescent makeup due to having been at Gay Pride all day! Like most parties there were a few unknown appearances. I soon found myself cornered with a genuinely nice guy who was a ‘space invader’. I started to get more annoyed as I backed away so much that I ran out of floor space and found the wall against my back! There was no immediate rescue for me as I looked around the room for a friend to read my eye signals to come and take me away. I then suddenly remembered the advert and started laugh. A truly good advert is one you can actually relate and bring it into really social situation.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMgIJuzvH24

1 comment:

  1. All great ads are grounded in great consumer insight.

    ReplyDelete