Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Tuesday 5 October 2010

It's all about teamwork!

So, it was that time of year again - G-day (aka Glastonbury tickets are on sale day)! Determined that I was not going to be beaten by the "your request has been placed in a queue" torment again I got in early. I was on the laptop hubby on phones.

8.50am and I was ready to go! Up came the "click here to place your deposit" page (10 minutes ahead of schedule). I couldn't believe my luck, "this is going to be a breeze" I thought. Turns out I wasn't the only one getting a head start.

1 hour later and I was STILL on the "oops! we cannot display this site" page from hell. I knew (although I wouldn't admit it out loud) that things were not looking good! About another hour in a call from my bro gave me a little ray of hope. They had a whole booking syndicate going so we got on board!

Nearly 4 hours after I first "clicked here", now armed with 5 strangers' registration details, I was back in a queue and going nowhere. But even with the remaining count dropping by the second I felt a million times better than I did that first hour. I knew I wasn't in it alone now. Then I got the call, a friend of a friend of my brother had confirmed our deposits!


So long story short, I'll be back at Worthy Farm in June but not without a good reminder of the power of teamwork! So it will be all hands on deck come the re-sale in June!

1 comment:

  1. In my day, you could turn up to the Glastonbury Festival, queue up at one of the three farmers gates, get in for £3/6d, get drunk on scrumpy for sixpence, and listen to Blodwin Pig performing live with Jethro Tull TOGETHER off the back of Bedford lorry!

    ReplyDelete