Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Monday 21 February 2011

My No.1 inspiration


It's my daughter's first birthday this week and as this blog looks at those things that inspire you I couldn't not mention my little girl at this time. Such milestones do force you to consider what has been and gone and although I am constantly exhausted, have a variety of baby related stains over everything I own, have a trashed house and stomach muscles that will never be the same again it is so totally utterly worth it and she is without doubt the biggest inspiration in my life.


How something so small can completely change the way you look at the world is amazing and all she has to do is give me one of her cheeky smiles and all of the day-to-day niggles and troubles get put straight into perspective. She makes me want to be the best person I can be and give her everything that I was so fortunate to have growing up. Everything I now do is for her and I wouldn't have it any other way.


So a bit on the cheesy side and very gushing (for which I apologise) but happy birthday to my Ava.

4 comments:

  1. And why not! Being 1 is very special indeed and what a party frock that is

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how I agree with everything you have written. Kids rock and I think it just gets better and better all the time (although I am not sure Jo or Dave necessarily agree with me being the proud owners of teenagers +)
    Happy birthday Ava x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, I may retract this blog when she hits 13!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Ava
    What a cutie she is Laura you must be very proud

    ReplyDelete