Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Monday 14 February 2011

Happy V Day to all you lovebirds



How could I not blog about this particular day........




Having two teenagers in my home (well one nearly thirteen and the other fifteen going on twenty five years old) talk this weekend was of, you've guessed it 'Valentine's Day'.




Oh how to be young again with the excitement of 'Will I, Won't I' receive anything. I am pleased to say my eldest did get a 'Valentine's' but via text messaging. It wasn't even secret because the sender's name appeared on her phone and the poor boy doesn't even stand a chance because when I asked her who it was from she just shrugged her shoulders and said "It's only ???"




My niece (who is ten) had already bought her present and it's been wrapped all week long and she's going to secretly place it on her beloved's desk with a card and according to her "He won't know who it's from, Aunty Shell as I've written my name in code 'Ol??ia?' ". She did wonder why my sister and I were having a little chuckle to ourselves ....




I hope you have all sent your card(s) (even if it's to your mum) and will you have gone and bought a 'Special Meal for two' ranging from £15.00 to £20.00 with a bottle of wine included from one of the many larger food retailers that have been advertising this weekend or are you going out somewhere romantic?




What am I up to?? I have a lovely evening planned at the local Judo club watching my girls train for 3+ hours....




Who says romance isn't dead.........................................


3 comments:

  1. I got Rosemary a new wheelbarrow (with a red rose in it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh right, pinch my idea why don't you Dave! (not for Rosemary!)

    ReplyDelete