Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Monday 31 January 2011

A truly beautiful singer......


I was very lucky to be given a copy of the new Adele album "21" yesterday. I have only managed to listen to it from beginning to end just the one time so far, but I already know she is going to become a favourite listen wherever I go be it in the car, on my lovely trains journeys (see previous blogs), to help pass my time whilst watching long Judo training sessions my daughters attend or just to relax to around my home.


What I love about Adele is that whenever you hear her on radio interviews or see her on television programmes she is just herself, fun loving, down to earth and what you see is what you get. She also hasn't been "found" by taking part in of any of the "Talent" TV shows that appear over the Summer/Autumn months!! But you can be sure that they would have used her "Make you feel my love" single at some point in the series.
She is also one Artist who can actually sing live and is up there, with some of my other favourites which include Jay Kay from Jamiroquai, Muse and Kasabian........


At just 20 years old I truly hope that she is around for many years to come and what a fantastic listen and well done Adele. I just hope that I will get the opportunity to actually see her live when she next tours.

3 comments:

  1. 2nd attempt to post comment! Blog sick? She very very good and very normal but her laugh grates on this old grumpy after listening to her speak for 5 minutes but so does Springsteen's little giggly thing. Think Adele will be a true diva in years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine her giggle does have that effect. I think she would be good company for a night out and full of surprises!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might take her out for a night then.

    ReplyDelete