Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Friday 19 November 2010

What's the first brand you can ever remember?

I remember walking to the village post office holding my mums hand, when I couldn't have been more than 5 years old. It was freezing and getting dark, the post office was called Wilkinsons and it was owned by a mutant with buck teeth called Frank.
Why I remember this journey so distinctly is that right beside this shop was a garage flanked by a giant advertisement hoarding/poster site, and there, almost spotlighted by the garage lights against the twilight sky was the biggest bar of chocolate I had ever seen in my young life (on a giant full colour poster)!. I remember saying to my mum (and I swear this true), "Can I have that (that being the size) chocolate bar to eat?". The name of the chocolate bar was Cadburys "Extra". I have never forgotten that moment.
Another time was seeing a picture of myself in a lovely bright
yellow short sleeved shirt, which had step and repeated worldwide airline logos all over it. (that would be really trendy now. it couldn't have been trendy then because my father who bought it donned a leather trilby hat 24 hours a day), but all I remember was picking my favourite logo (motif in those days) on the shirt which was "Sabena".
There you have it then, the first 2 brands that made me notice. Cadburys and Sabena.
Does anyone else remember their earliest brand experience?

1 comment: