Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Isn't it funny what some teenagers think are 'dire' whilst to others it 'inspires'



My daughters and their friends never cease to make me chuckle.



Take last weekend we were all watching 'Britain's Got Talent' which is more like 'I think we've come to the end of the road talent' and we were chatting about the super cool dancer 'Steven Hall' and would they be embarressed or impressed if their Mum or Dad danced and lip-synced like him. They thought that was highly hilarious as they can't bear to see their good 'old' mum dance but said it would be really cool if their Nan or Grandad could strutt their stuff on the dancefloor like him!!

The following day we went to see the new X-men film and took one of their friends with us as she really wanted to see it as well. I thoroughly enjoyed the film (even better, I managed to stay awake all of the way through it!!). When we got back in the car the friend announced she'd forgotten to see if her Dad's name was listed on the credits! "Sorry" we all chorused "your Dad had something to do with the film?" "oh yes" she replied "he just does the animation/special effects and you know the new Andrex adverts, he helped on that as well, he's done loads of other stuff as well" she added. My daughter's were really impressed but the friend didn't seem too bothered she was more embarressed that he'd helped on a toilet paper advert.............

Now I'm thinking back to when I was a teenager and cringed as I think about how I felt about the things that my Mum and Dad did, be it their work or how they danced. Still I've got my Sister's 40th birthday party this coming weekend I wonder how the girls are going to react when I start dancing next to them...............Should it be "Mum" dancing or should I start practising my "Steven Hall" routine?????

Picture courtesy of itv.com/bgt2011

4 comments:

  1. At least you participate. The thought of my father getting up and dancing in any style is enough to make me cringe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a primary responsibility of parents to embarrass their offspring - it is good character forming training. My dad liked a good 'catchy' tune and I like talking to my kids friends whenever possible about the Hit Parade...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling - I've had the pleasure of dancing with you - you rock x

    ReplyDelete