Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Wednesday 8 June 2011

The best things in life are simple

Yes I know it's yet another picture of a van, but I just couldn't resist it (and I'm not moving or driving in case you're thinking I'm committing a major driving offence!)

I have always thought the best logos are powered
by an idea.Take the Fed Ex logo for example. Maybe a little subliminal, but just so simple how the contours of the E and the x form an arrow, which of course is relevant to the service itself. Brilliant.

And not on such grand and international scale but just as impressive, take the logo featured on the van. No overworked and complicated typography, drop shadows or colour palettes, just a one colour logo with a big idea that is relevant to the product. And so simple. And simple to print.

Both photographs by D Wilson


3 comments:

  1. Now that is subliminal......I cannot see the arrow for the life of me, and if it was designed to do this, I think it has failed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree the Jackson logo is great - simple as can be (oh and of course a great name) but I'm with Simon I'm afraid I can't see an arrow in FedEx no matter how I try. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. driving self mad (no pun intended) trying to see arrow - tell us oh great creative master - tell us

    ReplyDelete