Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Thursday 30 June 2011

Disney - what a brand!

As soon as I landed into Orlando everything that had been on my mind evaporated. I was transported into a fictitious world of craziness; everything was huge, colourful and shiny. I remained in a trance for two weeks and not a single thing would break my reverie.

Although I'm not a lover of contrived settings I loved Disney. It took me back to my childhood and my husband and I played like kids for the entire holiday. It was also refreshing that everything worked, toilet paper was always in the holder and there was free water in all the parks, unlike everywhere else on the planet. The people were incredibly happy despite having to repeat the same script over and over again; I was treated like a true Princess.

The sweet shops were like a Willy Wonka wonderland. Everything was huge and I watched everyone indulging. People were ordering the entire shop whilst I ordered my one chocolate covered strawberry, the size of my head! Still the shop assistant at the till looked at me like an alien and asked disapprovingly, "Is that all?"

Disney was the best adventure I've had in a long time.


2 comments:

  1. There is a morbid theory that one child in a hundred is kidnapped at Disney, but they never let it be reported.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awful. I wouldn't be surprised though, the place is a constant distraction.

    ReplyDelete