Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Monday 11 April 2011

Sensory pleasures

A day of pleasure awaited me on Saturday as I travelled up to London to visit London Borough Market.

My senses were triggered the moment I entered the market. The sound of people placing their orders, tradesmen calling out their special offers, the colours and various smells consumed me. I didn’t know where to look first, or know how to make a decision about lunch; I was simply dazzled by the theatre of it all.

I started to wonder if I’ve ever had this sensory experience from a piece of advertising. Maybe I have but none that I can remember.

I think advertising should trigger your senses. A great ad should captivate, consume and transport you to a place in your mind where you can feel the product.

Has this ever happened to you?

3 comments:

  1. I love Borough Market, it is truly inspirational - and just next door to Vinopolis which I've always wanted to visit too. Get the Sports and Social ents committee on the case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image Jodie, so vibrant.
    The old flake campaign springs to mind as pretty multi sensual. here it ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcbhHOZZXnI

    ReplyDelete
  3. God I loved the 80s! Very sexy.

    ReplyDelete