Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Tuesday 12 April 2011



I'm never usually ill apart from the normal coughs or colds however last week I had a virus that was just dire and put me out of action for 8 days.


LABYRINTHITIS - I had never heard of it before and hope I never hear that word again! In short it's normally caused by an inner ear infection but it causes you to loose your balance. Not fun at 3am in the morning when you suddenly wake up, the room is spinning and then you are extremely sick. The next dire experience arises when you try and get hold of an out of hours doctor, 4 hours later one arrives at your door (how though am I to get down the stairs to let anybody in!) and relief finally comes in the form of an injection that helps with dizzyness and nausia. 5 long days of trying not to do anything as any form of movement makes you dizzy, no watching TV or being able to concentrate on a magazine or a book what then can I do to fill my time and not get cabin fever?

Talking...

I'm very fortunate to have lots of family and good friends living close by who popped by to check up on me. I managed to prop myself up in bed and have a good old natter especially with people that I have seemed to take talking too for granted, my little brother for instance, I know he works in banking but did I really understand what his job entails - I do now! My 70 year old neighbour who lives 3 doors up - I didn't know he worked in advertising - I do now!

I'm glad to say i'm now fully re-balanced and life is back to it's normal busy self - i'm not going to take for granted just stopping, and talking to people from now on - it's amazing what you can learn!

3 comments:

  1. This really sounds a gruesome experience, but you still manage to find the positive in the direst of times - quite inspiring Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great name for an illness though!
    You poor thing, so glad you better. In a world of text and facebook how brilliant to be reminded how important just talking to someone real and present can be

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture looks painful to me!

    ReplyDelete