Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Friday 20 January 2012

The gift of a book

At Woodreed we always have a tradition at Christmas to play 'Secret Santa'. For those of you who do not know what this game is, you pick a folded piece of paper from a batch which has one of your colleagues' names written on and you traditionally buy a silly gift for them which is then opened during the Staff Christmas party/meal.

This year it was decided that we wouldn't go for the silly gift but for something that could be useful and enjoyed by the person receiving the gift. I felt a bit dissapointed that we couldn't go with the norm but when we did get to open our presents I was so pleased that it had been changed this year as I was given a lovely book (not a paperback) but a hardback one, with a beautiful cover sleeve. I am currently reading my gift during my train journeys to and from work and for once the trains appear to be running to time (this being a good thing for getting to my destination on time but not for having only ten minutes in the morning and evening to read!!).

I don't get a chance to read as much as I would like to and I'm really enjoying my book as I can relate to the main character and aspects of her life and am hopefully going to make some changes, as I'm sure she will, for better in life.

Thank you my 'Secret Santa' you could not have chosen a better present for me :-).

2 comments:

  1. ah glad you liked it
    love Secret Santa

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what's the recommended book on the reading list - I know it was Celia Aherne but which one?

    ReplyDelete