Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Macho madmen..




Blimey, I'm just imagining an interim creative review with me parading these ideas in front of the ladies.

I don't think I'd live to tell the tale!

In practical terms, if I decided to buy my better half a Hoover or a blender for Christmas, then I'd get a Christmas cracker persuasively pushed down my throat.

But what about blowing smoke into a female face in order to become more attractive to her?

I suppose in reality in those days social behavior was laced with Victorian values, and the ad men weren't to know how things would change, and how regulatory forums would come into existence.

But really, still dire!

2 comments:

  1. Ad men says it all I guess - of course in Mad Men, Peggy is beginning to fly the flag for feminism and the social change which was unfolding. But Dave I am looking forward to our next interim creative review with eager anticipation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha, am imagining Rosemary ambushing you armed with a christmas cracker!

    ReplyDelete