Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Monday 23 August 2010

Car stickers media

Who are these mad sad people that are readily advertising and admitting to possessing inferior goods, and do they really think in their wildest dreams that passers-by are going to collapse with laughter when they read it?

Even more pathetic was that the car in the picture was a very decent 2-year-old Honda civic in a lovely metallic blue. So the joke is somewhat meaningless. If the car had been a clapped 1974 Vauxhall Viva’s with bald tyres and no bumpers, then I probably would have smiled wryly.

I just don’t know what possesses these people to ridicule themselves so openly to the public, and what gives them the right to assume that they know what sense of humour I have.

In fact, the whole car sticker syndrome leaves me feeling very confused.

Don’t get me wrong, when I see the odd ones that boast proudly that they’re members of the National Trust or the slightly peculiar MG Owners Club, then that’s fine, nothing wrong with that, nothing wrong with a bit of great national pride (but am I really interested?), but when I see ones that proclaim “Lewis Hamilton borrowed my McLaren and won’t give it back”, or ”My brakes are good, how’s your insurance?” my fists start to clench. Do they really think they’re being funny; they’re not even the authors of the joke! (and that reminds me, I don’t like people who tell jokes).

And what’s with the “baby on board’ warning sticker.? What are we supposed to do? Immediately stop our cars, get out and go for leisurely walk just in case we might endanger the baby’s life, (there’s a Tourette’s Syndrome part of me that mischievously wants to drive gently into the back of the stickered car).

I adore creative media, but this is just ridiculous.

2 comments:

  1. been falling asleep reading Clarkson m'thinks.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what about the Exeter uni one that looks like a Carlsberg logo? Puh, probably the best university in the world? Pretentious? Moi?

    ReplyDelete