Hello

hello – come in and make yourself at home

The Woodies have a blog. It’s a kind of collective. Not sure we’re about to start a revolution baby, but we might kindle a small debate or two and perhaps raise a smile. Anyway, rather than just blogging corporate Woodreed by fielding our top Woodie (as so many other companies seem to do in a thinly veiled attempt at impressing with their profundity), we wanted all our individual voices to be heard. An agency’s most valuable assets are its people after all. Everyone’s got something to say here and with us everyone’s ideas and opinions matter.

Each week someone different will be blogging. It's mostly about stuff that rocks our world as well as the flipside – the things that just don't cut it with us. We'll blog about inside and outside – inside this glorious industry where we work and outside in the real world.
It's a bit of an experiment, so go with us on this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Remember life before the app?


Up until a couple of years ago, I had a steam driven Mobile - it could text, make and even receive calls (if on top of a tall building)! The came my first i-phone. I vowed it wouldn't change me, but blimey, did it ever. Now I haven't fully fallen into the app trap whereby my evenings are totally taken up fiddling with new puzzles and creating new photos, but it's close.
Hipstamatic - a great app for getting that 70's feel to your photos - you know, the orange and soft feeling shots for those old enough to know the 70's...
Then there's Endomondo - fantastic for nerdy tracking of how far you've cycled, at what speed and at what splits times...
and finally there is Fotofitti - be your own Banksy at the touch of a button.
Now, for 69p I think you get excellent V.F.M and much as I loved my Heath Robinson Nokia, I can't do without a good app!

1 comment:

  1. Remember life before the app? Most certainly. My first mobile phone, a carphone actually (almost the size of a warehouse now I come to think of it) came complete with a curly flex just like a proper telephone and was actually installed in my car behind the hand brake. Could only use it when the ignition was on. Then we had an actual mobile the size of a housebrick with a pull out arial and a battery pack the size and weight of a car battery. Happy days....

    ReplyDelete